QR Media Group LLC, a New York Limited Liability Company, together with its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, "QRM") is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information entrusted to us.What Is Personal Information?
If you are under the age of 13, please do not attempt to register for any QRM Website or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact our webmaster at privacy_officer@QRMediagroup.com. You can also write to us at:
3 Rye Ridge Plaza, Suite 114
Rye Brook, NY 10573.
We strongly recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before registering for any QRM Website, or sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet. We encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices. QRM reserves the right to: (i) restrict the use of any QRM Website, in whole or in part, by minors; (ii) add special protections for minors (such as to provide them with an age-appropriate experience); and (iii) place restrictions on the ability of adults to share and connect with minors, recognizing this may provide minors a more limited experience on QRM Websites.Personal and Other Information Collected by QRM
We may collect information through technology (such as logging IP addresses) for routine system administration purposes, to make our Websites more interesting and useful to you, or to manage content delivery. For instance, we use technology to track traffic patterns on the Website. Once you have logged into a Website, we track your activities by using logs of database transactions and server interactions. We may use this information to understand which areas of our Websites are most appealing or least appealing or to deliver content that is specific to your country or area of residence.
We reserve the right to collect, use and disclose your personal information without consent where required or permitted by law.
QRM collects personal information for reasons including, but not limited to, the following:
- To provide you with the products or services you have requested, including processing your payment
- To better understand you, to allow us to serve you better through enhanced products, customer service and directed QRM promotional efforts of particular interest to you
- To properly investigate and respond to any complaints, questions or concerns you may have about our products or services
- To determine your eligibility for our products and services.
- To contact you with service-related announcements and to send you offers or advertisements that we feel you might be interested in.
If you opt in to receive offers, promotions or other information from QRM, your information will be used to provide you with promotional offers for QRM products or services that we believe may interest you, as well as to solicit your opinion on our products and services. If you have opted in to receive these offers, we may also use your personal information to ensure that your contact information is accurate and up to date.What Kind of Personal Information Does QRM Disclose, to Whom and Why?
QRM may share your personal information with other members of the QRM corporate group, and their respective successors and assigns, but only to the extent necessary to fulfill the purposes identified under the heading "Why Does QRM Collect Personal Information?". In addition to this inter-corporate sharing, QRM may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- To Third Parties To Perform Processing and Other Specialized Services: At times, QRM may use outside organizations to perform specialized services such as, but not limited to, payment processing, prize fulfillment of our sweepstakes and skill contests, or collection of overdue accounts. These service providers are only given the information needed to perform those services and they are bound contractually to protect the privacy and security of your information and to limit the use of your information to the service being provided.
- To Third Parties For Legal Reasons: We advise you that we may disclose personal information to the government, legal or regulatory authorities or other entities: (i) if so ordered by a court of law; or (ii) for other legal reasons, such as (a) to comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order; (b) to protect the company's rights and property; (c) to investigate reports of fraud or of users sending material using a false email address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages; (d) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website; or (e) in emergencies, such as when we believe someone's physical safety is at risk. In some cases, disclosure may be required by law to be without notice to you.
- To a Third Party in the Event of a Significant Transaction or Other Event: In the case of any significant transaction or event involving QRM or any of its related entities or divisions such as, by way of example, a sale, merger, amalgamation, financing, re-organization, liquidation, or insolvency, other parties to the transaction and their professional advisors may need to have access to QRM's customer lists and various databases as part of the due diligence process. In this event, QRM would only provide such access under terms of a confidentiality agreement. Also, upon completion of the transaction or event, your personal information would be transferred to QRM's successor-in-interest to be used for the purposes for which it was collected.
We keep your information for a period reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods. When your personal information is no longer required for a specific purpose or legal requirement, it will be erased from our records; provided, however, that such information may remain on QRM's computer servers due to redundancy and synchronization of QRM's computer servers.What Security Measures Does QRM Have in Place To Safeguard Personal Information?
QRM has implemented physical, electronic and administrative measures to protect your information from loss or unauthorized access. For example, we use industry-standard efforts, such as passwords, firewalls and Secure Socket Layers, to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information contained on our computer systems. In addition, our employees and any third parties we use are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of your information and access is restricted to those with a need to know the information to carry out the identified purpose.Where is my Personal Information Located?
Non-personal or aggregated information is information that cannot be associated with or traced back to a specific person. When users browse our Websites, for example, we gather information about the number of users who are viewing each page so that we can learn what features are the most popular. We also use this data, both aggregated and personally identifiable, to personalize and enhance your onsite experience by displaying content and marketing messages we believe will be of interest to you and to deliver content that is specific to your country or area of residence. We may disclose anonymous, aggregated information about our Websites to third parties.
In addition, to help us better understand our markets, we may gather demographic information for analytical purposes on an anonymous, aggregate basis. This information is not kept, used or disclosed at the individual level, but may be disclosed to third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis.Links to Third Party Sites
Users may, through hypertext or other computer "links", gain access to other websites on the Internet which are not operated by QRM. QRM is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by QRM of the website linked to, or any content therein. QRM ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIAL OUTSIDE OF THE WEBSITES OPERATED BY QRM AND ITS AFFILIATES, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITES WHICH MAY BE ACCESSED THROUGH A LINK ON A QRM OPERATED WEBSITE. Unless otherwise indicated at a QRM operated website, QRM is not sponsored by or affiliated with the linked websites, and trademarks used in connection with linked websites are not trademarks of QRM. QRM specifically disclaims responsibility for any inadvertent viewing by anyone under the age of eighteen, of any material intended for adults on a website accessed through use of a linked website.How To Control How Your Personal Information is Collected, Used and Disclosed
You have control over how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. Any comments, questions or changes regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information shall be directed to QRM Customer Service Department, as described below.
You may choose not to receive email from us, even after granting permission, by unsubscribing. Instructions on how to unsubscribe from emails that are not related to processing of your transactions with us are included in each such email.
A request for a copy of the personal information we keep about you, depending on the laws of your country, must be made in writing giving details with which QRM can identify you. Information will be furnished in accordance with applicable law.Questions, Comments or Accessing or Updating Your Personal Information:
Please note that certain information is required by QRM to process payment and fulfill any orders that you may place through a Website, and if you withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information for these purposes, then QRM will not be able to fulfill your orders.
If, after contacting our Customer Service Representative, your concerns or questions have not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact QRM Legal Department in writing via mail or fax:
Attention: Legal Department
3 Rye Ridge Plaza, Suite 114, Rye Brook, NY 10573
Last modified on May 5, 2011
Effective Date: May 5, 2011.